After a year’s hiatus, during which Procurement Leaders celebrated Extraordinary Stories from across the global network, the World Procurement Awards return to honour the most impressive and innovative individuals, teams, and organisations in the procurement space.
Recognised as the pinnacle of professional achievement, the World Procurement Awards are a unique opportunity for leading procurement teams to showcase their excellence to internal stakeholders, the world’s most influential organisations, and procurement thought leaders.
Entries for the awards are now open and will close on 14 January 2022. Winners will be crowned, in front of their peers, in a spectacular black-tie ceremony in London on 15 June.
Why enter the World Procurement Awards?
Procurement and supply chains have dominated headlines across the globe over the past year and this trend is highly likely to continue into 2022.
The demands of consumers, shareholders, and regulators are driving organisations to adopt a new focus – looking beyond just profitability to deliver a positive impact on the world as a whole. Procurement is at the heart of this evolution and facing greater expectations than ever before.
By entering the World Procurement Awards, procurement leaders can:
- Gain recognition from senior peers from the most influential organisations across the globe innovation, it is clear that procurement teams require a whole new set of competencies, tools and processes
- Validate the progress and achievements of their team with internal stakeholders
- Reward their team for their dedication and hard work and keep them motivated for the year ahead
- Prove their position as an innovative, and leading, procurement function to attract and retain top talent during a challenging time
New and refreshed categories
With the re-launch of the awards, categories and criteria have been updated to reflect procurement’s new standing within the enterprise and the evolving priorities of the function. Refreshed categories include ‘Supply Chain Initiative’, ‘Digital Impact’ and ‘Procurement Team – Large/Midsize Enterprise’.
Entrants should choose categories where they have clear evidence of delivering impact. To help entrants stand out from the crowd Procurement Leaders have developed an Entry Guide that provides critical information to help create an outstanding entry, including:
- The entry criteria judges will be scoring against
- A checklist to complete before a submission is ready
- Hints and tips from the esteemed judging panel
Gain recognition from the most prestigious judging panel to date
As ever, award winners in each category are determined by a global panel of expert judges. This year, the panel features 31 procurement leads from some of the world’s biggest organisations, including Starbucks, General Motors, and Accenture.
The judging process is thorough and rigorous to ensure that winners are chosen on merit alone and that judges remain impartial. Award winners can take confidence from being selected ahead of their peers by this group of world-leading CPOs, and leverage their success to further elevate their status within their organisation.